Sunday, November 20, 2011

"The Reform of Art."

The images were shot at "5PTZ" in long island city. 5PTZ is an outdoor exhibit space in New York where legendary artist/writers from all over the world come and paint on the 200square-foot building walls. Painters must show the building owner a portfolio of there work in order to obtain a permit that enables them to paint on the walls. The 5PTZ curator has set a goal to convert the 5 story building into a graffiti art museum. 


I choose to use these images for our "Social Reform" project in Digital 1. The objective of the project was to capture modern day change in society. I decided i wanted to come to 5PNTZ and photograph the ART. I really wanted to show how art has changed over the generations. I have other images that actually show painters actually coming together and making a mural on the walls, which to me, defines "Social Reform" -NIVLEK

2 comments:

  1. These are so bright and vibrant. I love them both so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, yeah i increased the saturation and played with the color balance on PS to make the colors really pop.

    ReplyDelete