Sunday, October 16, 2011

"America's Craftsmanship."


Its amazing how you can find "art" anywhere! Just look around you, if it interest you; shoot it! This image is appealing to me because it shows the complexity of a train system. It shows the hard work and effort the goes into Americas creations. What also interest me is all the movement in the image, there lines going in every direction. I choose to make this image a black and white because color wasn't an important factor when shooting this. I didn't want the viewers to be distracted by color since the image is already very busy.

So here's the run down. I took this photograph a few weeks ago somewhere in Queens, NY. This image was actually taken outside the sunroof of my car! I was in the driver seat and my girlfriend was in the passenger seat. I was at a traffic light and happend to look up and witness this scene. I tell my girl friend "Hurry and grab my camera, its in the back seat." I knew i was only going to be able to get one shot so i needed the exposure to be close to perfect before even shooting. I quickly programed my camera to manual and guessed an exposure. I un-buckled my seat belt and aimed at the subject through the sunroof. I was able to get one shot before the light turned green. I'm glad i took this image, it makes me think a little bit every-time i look at it. -NIVLEK

1 comment: