Sunday, October 30, 2011

"Hood Fame's MURDERED OUT ES1 CIVIC."

Our assignment was to take an image that would appear as the front cover of the magazine we subscribed to. The magazine I choose was "Super Street" which is one of the more popular magazines for Import/Tuner cars. Right off that bat I knew I had to take a motion photo. Almost 8/10 Images on the cover are "rolling shots". The second task for me was finding the right car. Thankfully, I found someone that would participate as soon as I asked. Being that the majority of my friends on Facebook are car enthusiast made it very easy to find a car. I simply asked if anyone was willing to participate for a class assignment and that I need to take a rolling shot of a car. Ant, Owner of this 2001 Civic was the first person to reply to my post, so he was the winner haha. It all worked out perfectly cause I was going to give him a call if noone was willing. Ant is part of a local group of car enthusiast that go by the name "Hood Fame." They probably have one of the most "eye catching" group of cars on Long Island.

Overall I was satisfied with the way this image came out, it's nice and sharp and the background isn't too distracting. For anyone that is interested in doing these types of shots, i suggest that you take a HUGE amount of photos. Out of 50 i took i was probably satisfied with 5! It looks like we were going super fast in this photo but in reality we were actually going about 20mph. I used a very slow shutter speed and followed the car with my camera. This was the only image i got to edit, i will probably post another depending on the results. Enjoy.  -NIVLEK

2 comments: